Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oven Fried Ravioli

I saw the photo of this recipe on one of my super-favorite blogs…Life’s Ambrosia… and thought I need to have this now! Well, it was 6:30 am.    I am reading my blogs and stuff in bed on my magical iPod, sipping the lovely coffee Garth brings me every morning with kisses. I am totally spoiled and my DH is my hero….jealous? Should be….he is a good guy.

Anyway…not a time for ravioli and anyway we didn’t have them in the house. Garth put ‘ravalloli’ on his list, and they magically appear.
    
 (Photo courtesy of Life's Ambrosia)
The thing is we do not eat fried foods. Hmmmmm, I think..... I oven-fry potatoes for french fries, fish, zuccini and what not. No hot oil necessary if I oven fry them.

So…what I have done is combined Des and Kirsten’s recipes to come out with ‘DesKir’s Oven Fried Ravioli’. Try it and report back….we liked it.

You will need:
• 1 large egg
• 1/3 cup whole milk
• 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 10 refrigerated store-bought ravioli
• shredded (fresh)  Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 375.
In one bowl whisk together egg and milk. In another bowl combine panko, plain bread crumbs, basil, oregano and kosher salt. Dip each ravioli in egg/milk wash and then in bread crumbs. Then repeat the process to double coat the ravioli.

Place ravilois on greased baking sheet and lightly spray the tops of the raviolis with Pam or olive oil mister.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
Serve with marinara sauce (or not…they are yummy just as they are).

Recipes courtesy of : Des over at http://www.lifesambrosia.com/  and Kirsten Cooks at http://www.recipezaar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy and be sure to leave a comments so I know you have stopped by:)