Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PISSY for short......

Kathy Mack from Pink Chalk Fabrics posted the following on her blog, and boy did I identify.  I quote:
"Let me just say I’ve had one of those weeks months. I’m not sleeping well either just to make it extra special for all the loving souls I’m blessed to be surrounded by each day.

After a little research I discovered I’m suffering from Periodic Inadequacy Syndrome Series Y (PISSY for short). An extremely common ailment amongst craft bloggers. It’s characterized by a feeling of inadequacy and envy brought on by reading too many blogs about too many perfect lives lived by people creating too many perfect projects in their too perfect houses. It often appears in conjunction with delusions that one should be Twittering, Facebooking, blogging, Flickring,  producing a YouTube Video, Digging, and LinkedIning all at the same time or else they’re just not doing everything they should to make their craft business a success.  I’ve got a very bad case.  The antidote is e-mail and phone communication with people smarter than yourself. " 

Now, in my case, it was a short conversation with Sandy.  Which prompted an "aha" moment of realization that I am not a victim of too much to do.   I am a victim of myself who really needs to make sure everyone thinks I am perfect when I really know I am not.   See....now I can feel inadequate and have good reason!