Thursday, July 1, 2010

Solitary Gourmet!

OK, so last night Garth was out of town, and I went on an experimental spree in the kitchen.  I felt like pleasing and teasing my tastebuds.   Kind of wanted a cheeseburger, but since we are a red-meat-free-zone at our house, I got creative. 

There was this HUGE melon, that I could in no way eat all by myself.  Chopped it up into pieces and put it in the blender.Whizzzzzzzzzz......taste....needs   something.  Added some honey.  Good....poured into glass...too oopy and thick...added lemon juice and a dash of ginger beer.  NOW let me tell you, boys and girls, this was to die for!!!!

Beverage situation ok...then the cheeseburger. 

Here is what I did:  found CowGirl Creamery Red Hawk cheese from our last trip to the coast.   Put that on a wheat roll and made a portabello burger with a teeeeny bit of garlic-mayo-poupon sort of aoli.  

Regular salad, but added some basil and snow peas from garden.


Set up a TV tray and watched a re-run of CSI-SVU!  It was yummmmmmo.