Thursday, September 17, 2009

I forgot what I was going to say....

Let me put it this way:  I just sat down to blog about the exciting event of the day when Garth stomps by on the way to basement for the second time.  Seems that the first time he went down, he got there and forgot why he was there.  Now he has to go back for whatever important item wasn't sticking in his brain.
Sooooo, I set off to type...and ....you know what happened don't you?  Of course you do!  Swiss cheese brain!  I have no idea what I was going to say.  
I just remembered what it was......
My shop on etsy (this is a link...) is not getting the hits I want.  Four sales in about 30 days?  Ichhh!  Appparently that is not bad since I don't have a following yet and didn't know one end from the other about selling online. Since I just discovered there are 174,867 sellers each one with a shopfull of goodies...I surely do feel insignificant.  I have decided to open a second shop over at ArtFire and have listed a few items there...shop has same name The Square Bag Shoppe.
The key to success is making Google notice you.  There are complicated and techy xls to upload as txt with keywords and tags to get my shop to come up when someone searches for "handmade bags" "wristlets" "shoulder bags", etc.   There are 135,959 bags for sale!  My shop accounts for 14 of them. Good grief, I can't even find myself! So!  I am getting an education.  Etsy and various other friendly folk in the blogosphere,  have suggestions on how to get traffic to your online store.  There is a a fellow who has a tutorial on how to get your items listed on Google via rss feed (whatever that is).  That is today's project....get educated.  I may not be able to remember stuff, but I am not too old to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy and be sure to leave a comments so I know you have stopped by:)