Sunday, February 6, 2011

::L I N E N::


BE LINEN MOVIE from Benoit MILLOT on Vimeo.

This video was posted on the 4th by Abby of  infusionfibers.  I went to Millot's site and draged it down to share with you.   I follow her blog and relish her photography, approach to design and most of all her dedication to the eco-life.  In her work and in her appreciation of the world around her on the Oregon Coast, you could find no better source of inspiration.  She says about linen:  "Linen - it's smell, it's physical texture, it's visual characteristics - is one of those things that affects me almost physically - it excites some part of me."

In the world of organic fabrics and fibers linen, for me, is the most sensual.  My wardrobe is packed with it, I quilt with it and make bags with it.  I have blogged about it before, but I want to share the video that Abby posted on her website today.  The Benoit Millot film about flax/linen along with some of his other work can be found on Vimeo.  Do go and look.....look all around, get lost in the site and follow out to others.  Trust me, it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy and be sure to leave a comments so I know you have stopped by:)