Friday, August 14, 2009

Break In The Heat!

There is a short break in the heat. Last night I did some watering then spent some time in the garden hammock and watched the solar lanterns come on.

This morning it was still cool which means coffee on the deck.
However, soon I am looking down at the garden.....which brings into view tons of weeds that really weren't there a few days ago. I am a gardener and this phenomenon has no scientific basis, but I bear witness to it. There will be no photo of the garden until it is looking better.

Yesterday, was my quilting mini-group day, only I was the only attendee! Summertime is hard for the five of us to be in one place at the same time. So, I put my quilting stuff away and made a bag instead.







Today, however,it is time to get to work on at least one of my ufos. I do not know why I started this quilt, but I can't seem to finish it. Garth looked at it and declared it "scary".
The blocks are those bright, fun 'Fresh Paint' fabrics from Marcus Brothers. All put together it makes my eyes ache. I have a pieced border to add, but it really needs something else or something different


Any ideas? Help!

Here it is with the backing I got for it!
Suggestions welcome...you all know where!