Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chinese Lantern Bag (parts by ETSY)

Someone has asked me again, where I get the fabric and all the parts that go into my bags and etc I make.  Almost everything is from fellow Etsians! The prices are very fair and consisent and I feel comfortable "keeping it in the family"........although I don't have to.  I will reveal some (not all) of my secret sources at the end of this post (no peeking now!...look at this divine bag first).
So....I used some of my favorite Laura Gunn “Chinese Lantern” fabrics to make this zippered wristlet with detachable key fob/handle for my shop. Inside, I made a  zippered pocket, a cash and credit card pocket...so it is also a wallet.  The strap is removable so you can it as a clutch (with the handle as a key fob )or wristlet.


Bag measures 8.5" x 5" high. The corners are boxed, so that it has a 1.5" x 8" base.  A peek-a-boo pleat on the front expands so you can put as much of your girly stuff inside as you need.

The swivel hooks and D rings are antiqued bronze in color to give this bag some class...adding to the eye candy...check out the beaded zipper pull (made by a an etsy jewelry maker)!
 One new thing I am doing with my bags, is to use these "antiqued bronze" d-rings, swivel hooks and magnetic closures.  I really am happy with...more pricey, but give the bags and totes a a very classy look.  The other shinny-stainless hardware bothered me...they look cheap to me (and we all know they cost a bit too). 

FYI, everything in this bag came from Etsy..pattern from Lisa at http://www.etsy.com/shop/aivilocharlotte, the bronze hooks and closures came from jennalou06 fabric is right off the TheFabricFarm,  zippers from kandcsupplies and the handmade beaded zipper pulls from BlueMoonBaubles......how about that!!

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy and be sure to leave a comments so I know you have stopped by:)